out of 5
based on 145
Get Your Free Quote Today!
Moving Tips from Queens Movers
4 Weeks Before the Move
- Contact Queens Movers to schedule your move and set up the services that you will require.
- Tour your house and decide which items, if any, might be discarded, sold or donated. Consider having a garage sale or selling your items online.
3 Weeks Before the Move
- Arrange to have major appliances serviced before you move them.
- Movers cannot take aerosols, flammables, corrosives or ammunition. Use them up or give them away. Propane tanks and lawn mower fuel must be emptied.
2 Weeks Before the Move
- Notify the Post Office and obtain change of address forms for each person receiving mail at your address.
- Notify subscription services of the address change.
- Protect your belongings from damage by disposing of cleaning fluids, acids, caustic drain cleaners, etc.
1 Week Before the Move
- Arrange cable TV disconnection.
- Arrange connection of utilities in your new home.
The Day Before the Move
- Defrost, clean and dry refrigerators.
- Clean and prepare all other major appliances.
The Day of the Move
- Strip beds but leave intact. The movers will disassemble them.
- Tour your home with the movers so they can assess the shipment and determine the most suitable routes from the house to the truck.
- Be available all day to answer questions, direct the placement of your furniture and boxes, sign the bill of lading, etc.